• Manresa Receives Two Michelin Stars
• Manresa: An Edible Reflection: Where to Purchase and Upcoming Signings
• James Beard Foundation Awards Seeks Nominations
• Holiday Baking and DIY at Love Apple Farms
• The Holidays at Manresa
• Join the Manresa Team!
• "Île Flottante Noir" Cocktail Recipe
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
• Manresa Receives Two Michelin Stars
Labels: In This Issue
Last week the 2014 Michelin Guide to San Francisco and Wine Country was released and we are pleased to announce that Manresa received two Michelin stars for the eighth consecutive year! Manresa is one of only seven Bay Area dining destinations to receive the two star honor, recognizing restaurants for “excellent cuisine, skillfully and carefully crafted dishes of outstanding quality.” Purchase your 2014 guide at any major book retailer or through the Michelin website.
Chef David Kinch’s first cookbook, Manresa: An Edible Reflection is now available! Purchase your copy at the restaurant or a number of local bookstores and online retailers including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Indiebound, and iBooks. Join Chef at a number of signings and events in the Bay Area and Southern California this October and November including:
• Wednesday, October 30: Culinary lecture titled “Reinventing California Cuisine” featuring Chefs David Kinch and Daniel Patterson at the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco (JCCSF). Visit the JCCSF website for tickets.
• Sunday, November 3: The Butter Paddle in Los Gatos. Stop by this local gift shop between 1:00pm and 3:00 pm for a special signing with Chef Kinch. For details, call The Butter Paddle at 408.395.1678.
• Sunday, November 10 from 11:00am – 1:00 pm: Chino Farms in Rancho Santa Fe. Chino Farms is a family-owned farm, established in 1946 on 50 acres of river-bottom land in Southern California.
• Tuesday, November 12 at 7:30 pm: Kepler’s Book Shop in Menlo Park. For more information, visit the events section of the Kepler’s website.
• Thursday, November 21 at 7:00 pm: Rakestraw Books in Danville. For information on the event, please visit the website or call 925.837.7337.
The James Beard Foundation is seeking nominations for the 2014 awards. From chefs to restaurateurs to wine and spirits authorities, the Beard Awards are the highest honor for food and beverage professionals in North America. Nominate your favorite restaurants, chefs and more through December here.
Labels: James Beard
Love Apple Farms gets you ready for the holidays with special culinary classes and do-it-yourself workshops. Create show-stopping pies with Chef Maggie Cattell for Thanksgiving or learn how to make holiday wreaths using materials from your own yard and garden. It’s also not too early to think about holiday gift giving—take the workshop on pâté and make a decadent holiday treat or sign up for the apple butter workshop where you will go home with 12 jars of your own butter. For more information on classes, workshops, and other special events, visit the Love Apple Farms website.
Labels: Love Apple Farms
Get a jump start on the holidays and make your plans early! Join Manresa to celebrate Christmas Eve ($185 per person; premium wine pairing $185 and classic pairing $125) or ring in the New Year on December 31 ($225 per person; $225 premium wine pairing and $140 for classic pairing). Call the restaurant at 408.354.4330 to make reservations. The restaurant is closed for Thanksgiving.
Try this coffee-based digestive inspired by the classic French dessert Île Flottante (Floating Island) from Jeff Bareilles, Manresa's Wine and Beverage Director.
Île Flottante Noir
1 ounce St. George Terroir Gin
1 ounce V.E.P. Green Chartreuse
1/2 ounce Aquavit
4 ounces coffee
Dollop of whipped cream
• Combine all ingredients in a coffee cup and finish with a dollop of whipped cream.