Sunday, July 01, 2012

Welcome Back, Manresa Chefs

While I am looking forward to inviting some new guests into the kitchen over our anniversary week, I am equally excited to welcome some of my favorite former chefs. When we were deciding how to honor this milestone, we thought what better way to celebrate than by bringing back the people that played a positive role in the growth of Manresa. In thinking more about it, there is no one else I’d rather celebrate with! I’ve remained close with each and every one of them and that’s such a great feeling. Even though I will be collaborating on the first course for the evening, I am essentially a guest in my own restaurant. I am handing the kitchen over to them for the two nights and can’t wait to see what they come up with. The entire menu will be in the control of the seven chefs coming back to Manresa from all over California. There will be so much talent in one little kitchen. I can’t wait to see their creative processes and if a little bit of Manresa shines through their dishes. I look forward to joining you in the Manresa dining room! —David Kinch
July 14 & 15: Manresa Alumni
Manresa welcomes back former Pastry Chef Belinda Leong (soon opening the much anticipated B Pâtisserie), former Chef de Cuisine and Pastry Chef John Paul Carmona (Partner at 3 Mile Group), former Chef de Cuisines Jeremy Fox (chef at Paper or Plastik in Los Angeles, CA) and James Syhabout (chef/owner of Commis in Oakland, CA), and former Sous Chefs Charlie Parker (executive chef at Freddie Smalls in Los Angeles, CA), Michael Gaines (chef de cuisine at Central Kitchen in San Francisco, CA), and Marty Cattaneo (executive chef of Dio Deka in Los Gatos, CA). Reservations can be made by calling Manresa at 408.354.4330.