Sunday, August 07, 2011
Try this elixir of rum and summertime nectarine from Manresa's artisan cocktail collection, recipe courtesy of Jeff Bareilles, Manresa's Wine and Beverage Director.
Nectar from Cane
1.5 oz Diplomatico Exclusiva Reserva Rum
1 oz Nectarine Consommé (recipe below)
5 Mint leaves
1 large ice cube
• Muddle mint in Nectarine Consommé
• Add Diplomatico Exclusiva Reserva Rum
• Stir and strain into glass with a large ice-cube
• Garnish with a mint sprig
Nectarine Consommé Recipe
• Load the top basket of a steam juicer with four nectarines cut into quarters (pits included)
• Bring the bottom water-filled pan to a boil
• Juice rolls out the tube from the middle pan
Tip: To make your own large ice cubes, use a Tovolo King Cube Jumbo-Ice-Cube mold.